translation missing: ar-EG.cart.header.empty_cart
Advocate is a medicine used on dogs suffering from, or at risk from, mixed parasitic infections (caused by several different types of parasites):
- Treatment and prevention of flea infestations in dogs;
- As part of treatment strategies for flea allergy dermatitis (an allergic reaction to flea bites) in dogs;
- Treatment of ear mite infestations in dogs;
- Treatment of biting lice infestations in dogs;
- Treatment of skin diseases in dogs caused by parasitic mites (sarcoptic mange and demodicosis);
- Prevention of heartworm disease in dogs;
- Prevention and treatment of dirofilariosis (infection with the heartworms Dirofilaria immitis and Dirofilaria repens) in dogs;
- Prevention and treatment of lungworm in dogs;
- Prevention of spirocercosis (a worm infection affecting the gullet) in dogs;
- Treatment of nasal worm in dogs;
- Treatment of eye worm in dogs;
- Treatment of infections with whipworm, hookworm and roundworm in dogs.
Since only 5% of total fleas actually live on the dog and the rest live as immature stages in its environment it can take roughly 3 months to eradicate fleas in the home. Due to its high efficacy and its ability to kill fleas without the need for them to bite, Advocate is an excellent choice to control and eliminate fleas from the pet. Furthermore, Advocate also kills flea larvae in the pet‘s immediate surroundings.
Advocate is a spot-on treatment, which is applied directly onto the skin between the shoulder blades, after the fur has been parted.